It’s been a rough few weeks, but I’ve emerged relatively unscathed so I can write another blog post. Nothing horribly exciting to report, except that I broke my iPhone (I got it fixed), Jamey broke his iPad (still unfixed), and we jointly broke (and fixed) the ice maker. We learned that I’m a complete basket case when driving in the rain during rush hour morning traffic. Also, I bought a cinnamon basil plant. Hopefully I won’t kill it.
I hope everyone has a fantastic week. I hope you revel in whatever state of Spring you happen to be enjoying at the moment, and enjoy the lists!
My Dad, who turns 68 this Thursday. He’s fabulous.
- Jamey instructing me on how to fix the freezer via FaceTime
- Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from MythBusters. We saw them live, and they’re awesome.
- the Zac Brown Band
- Club seats at the Rodeo. Doesn’t get much better than free food, an open bar, and a fantastic view (thank you Robby!).
- The border patrol agents on The Amazing Race who offered to share their first-place winnings with the last-place finishers a few legs back
- The Amazing Race in general. I love that show.
- the return of Spring
- the return of Mad Men
- Matthew Weiner, for giving us Don Draper
- Andrew Bird. The video of him improvising with Yo Yo Ma is especially lovely.
- This comment from an eight-year old kid sitting in my row at the MythBusters “Behind the Myths” show: “Everyone knows that mostly kids watch Myth Busters.” I love that because I always thought that show was made just for me, too.
- continued pasta adventures
- hybrid cars
- hybrid communities
- supportive friends
- my hair stylist Ashley
- Texas wildflowers. A-mazing.
- retail therapy
- the return of the &!%#@ mosquitos
- driving in the rain
- my iPhone, shattered
- greedy people
- getting stuck in the wrong lane on the Beltway